Many Mac OS device users in the market are looking for a good TV watching and direct streaming application that would serve the purpose to its best. Well, we bring to you the Kodi for Mac Download Guide to help our readers get this wonderful application on their device for free.
Kodi app has been around for quite some time. It was originally known as XBMC and later renamed to what we know today. Kodi Mac allows users to watch their desired TV programs, latest movies, Sports, News, Music videos, and other entertainment content directly on your device.
For Android users, certainly the field is very flexible and they can get the APK download easily. But, considering the norms of the Mac OS devices, the configurations are alot more different. In this article here, we will guide our readers on the steps and procedures to install Kodi on Mac OS devices.
Furthermore, we will provide the exact links to download the important files relating to the procedure for the installation purpose. So, if you are a fan of movie watching or wish to find entertainment via Kodi Mac, then you may read this article for the best support in this matter.
Kodi for Mac Download – Steps & Procedure
Now, we know that Kodi is an open source media player which is encrypted in the basic C++ language. For this reason, the app integration with different OS devices is possible. The Kodi App is compatible with Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows and Linux devices as well. Our concern is on the Kodi for Mac setup which we are going to explain here.
You will find the systematic steps here in this section of the article. Firstly, before you begin, it is important to note the system requirements so as to avoid any compatibility issues that may arise. Here are the points for the same;
- Kodi’s latest version that we are going to provide here is compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 version and any higher than this.
- The Krypton version will be compatible with the Mac OS X 10.8 or higher.
- Device memory should be sufficient to drive the resources, tools, add-ons and the downloads from the app.
Having these points clear in the mind is important so as to successfully complete the installation process of Kodi for Mac. Now, we will carry on with the steps of the process. Follow these as given hereunder;
- On your mac device, launch any browser and go to the following link below:
- Download Kodi on Mac from official website here
- When the site loads, you will have to scroll down until you see the title “Current releases” below which you will see the links to download Kodi for Mac and other devices too. These links show the latest versions of the Kodi Mac application.
- Click on the “Installer” option of the Apple icon alone. This will initiate the .dmg file download.
- For those who are finding it difficult to reach the site or find the correct option, you cna simply click on this link below and download the .dmg file from our servers here:
- Wait for the file to download successfully onto your Mac device.
- Then, you will see a disk image which is the actual representation of a .dmg file. Double-click it and you will see the Kodi App icon there.
- Now, click on the Kodi icon and drag that file to the “Applications” folder. This option is on your Mac device home screen.
- On doing this, the system will begin installing Kodi on Mac directly. This process will be quick enough.
- After this, the Kodi icon will appear on your Mac OS device home screen and under device applications too.
Note one thing that if the device installation does not take place due to ‘authorization error’ then you will have to change a small setting of your device to allow that. Go to your device settings and under “privacy > General > admin settings” you will see the option to “Allow applications download from“. You will have to change the choice on this option to “Anywhere“. After doing this, your device will be able to install Kodi on Mac application.
By following this article here you definitely be successful in installing Kodi for Mac OS device. We wish to conclude by thanking our readers here for completing this article to the end. If although, there is any query on the content of this article, or you wish to send your feedback then simply inbox us at Kodi App.