If you like watching Movies, TV Shows, and music videos, then you may have some knowledge of Kodi. It is a very great media player and online streaming software. This post is chiefly meant for the iOS users, as you may have guessed from the title: Kodi for iPhone Download & Install Kodi iOS, iPad.
Kodi had its first release way back in 2002 as Xbox Media Player. This name changed to Xbox Media Center (XBMC) in 2003 and it didn’t change until recently. It recently underwent a name change and it has been Kodi till date. Its latest stable release is Krypton 17.0 version.
In the following sections, we will have a look at how to install Kodi for iPhone and iOS devices. There are a few ways to install Kodi on iPhone, two to be more specific. But neither one of them involves the use of the iTunes Store. So, you’ll have to depend on third-party sources to Install Kodi for iPhone.
Install Kodi for iPhone
If you want to install Kodi on iPhone and other iOS devices, then you have got to keep in mind that there are a total of 2 methods to install the app on your iOS device. They refer to the jailbreak and non-jailbreak method. If you already have a jailbroken phone, then you are in for a real treat.
The thing is that the process to install Kodi iOS is easy because it has very few steps. And as far as the non-jailbreak method goes, iPhone and an internet connection are not the only things that you are going to need for the process. And it is a bit lengthy than the previous one.
We will discuss both the methods of Kodi for iPhone in separate sections so that you can clearly understand both of them. If you don’t have a jailbroken phone and have already moved past the warranty period, then you can go ahead and jailbreak it because it will be helpful in this and many more scenarios. Let’s take a look at both the methods of Kodi for iOS.
Kodi for iOS (Jailbreak method)
The jailbreak method to install Kodi for iPhone is pretty easy as I have already mentioned earlier. The reason for this is that after jailbreaking a device, many doors open up that were previously closed. Jailbreaking removes the restrictions imposed by Apple and allows you to install third-party apps very easily.
The only thing in this method you are going to need in this method to install Kodi for iPhone apart from a working iOS device (duh), is the Cydia Package installer. And of course, a stable internet connection. Shall we start the process now?
- First of all, download and install the Cydia App if you do not have it on your iOS device for easy access to Kodi for iPad/iOS. It is the prime necessity for this method. You can get it from below.
Download Cydia for iOS
- Once you have downloaded and installed Cydia, the next step is to open it on your iOS device.
- Open to “Sources” and then click “Edit”. Press Add and enter this URL into the pop-up that appears.
- After you are done entering the URL, click the Add Source button on the window.
- Once this process is over, you will have to select the “team Kodi” Source on the next page.
- Now, click All Packages and followed by Kodi iOS.
- As soon as the page loads, tap on the “Install” button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- A menu will appear from the bottom of the screen from which you’ll have to select Install once again.
- This will start the download and after the download is complete, it will install Kodi on iPhone immediately.
This was the method to download and install Kodi for iPhone where the iPhone has already through the process of jailbreak. This process, as you have seen, is very easy to carry out and doesn’t require to do any extra baggage like most of the third-party app related installation methods.
Kodi for iPad (without Jailbreak)
You can even install Kodi on your iOS device without jailbreak, but that method is a little long and requires a couple of things other than your iOS device and the internet. Despite being long, the process is relatively easy to carry out. You just have a pay close attention to the details.
Take a look at the pre-requisites that you are going to need to complete the process and install Kodi iOS.
- A Mac computer running Mac OS or OS X.
- Xcode App from the iTunes App Store.
- iOS App Signer (third-party app)
- A Type C cable
- The Kodi iOS .deb file
After you have all these things on you, then and then only can you start the process to install Kodi for iPad as well as other iOS devices. Follow these steps very carefully.
- Start up your Mac and plug your iPhone in via the Type C cable.
- Open Xcode on Mac and click Create New Project.
- On the left panel, make sure Application is selected and then click Single View Application.
- In the following window, fill up the product name (like Kodi) and organization which should be unique, like com.your-name or stuff like that. Click Next.
- Now, choose a location for your repository and click Create.
- You will then see an error. Choose “Fix issue” and then the Add button on the next pop-up.
- Enter your Apple ID and sign in.
- Select a development team in order to fix the issue.
- After that, open the iOS App Signer app. Click Browse where it says Input File and select the .deb file that you have downloaded earlier.
- In provisional profile, select the one that we created at the start of the process, in step 4.
- Type Kodi in App Display name and click Start. This will create the IPA file of the Kodi iOS.
- Return to Xcode and click Window then select Devices. Select your iOS device from the left-hand panel.
- Now, on the right-hand pane, you will have to click the small “+” sign which is in the left-hand corner. There is also a + sign in the left-hand panel, but that is for adding devices, so be careful while clicking the sign.
- Find the IPA file that the iOS App Signer created, and press Open. This will install the app on your device which will roughly take 10-15 seconds.
- Now, unplug your device and open Settings. Then go to General> Device Management. Now, trust the profile associated with Kodi for iPhone.
That all there is to the process. All you have got to do now is to go to the Home screen and tap on the app’s icon and you can enjoy Kodi for iPhone in all its glory.
Features of Kodi on iOS Devices
As of now, you have been through two different processes to install Kodi for iPad and other iOS devices. It’s time that we shed some light on what exactly you can do with the App on your iPhone.
There are a lot of things you could accomplish with Kodi for iPhone and one major one of them is that you can download Media free of cost from the internet.
- You can play Music, Videos, and even view images using Kodi for iPad. It allows you to play media either from the local or the network based storage.
- There are certain plug-ins called Add-ons in the app. They enable the user to stream media from online sources to watch Movies, TV Shows, Anime, Cartoons, etc. from a wide range of sources.
- Not just streaming, but you can also download those movies and series as per your choice.
- You can even change the appearance of Kodi iOS if you got bored with it. There are literally hundreds of skins to choose from that you can apply on the App to make the experience better.
- Kodi on iPhone can play any and all kinds of video and audio formats that you can possibly think of. Anything you throw at it, the app handles it like a charm.
- It can play video formats like MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VP9, WMV, etc. You can even play physical digital media like Blu-ray, DVDs, USB flash drives, etc. Some of the supported audio formats are DTS, ALAC, MIDI, AIFF, AAC, etc.
- Kodi for iPhone also automatically download metadata info, the cover art for songs and other information through the help of web scrapers. This info includes cast, plot, reviews, genre classification, etc for Movies and music.
- The app also allows you to launch your apps from inside the media player.
As you can see, the features of Kodi iOS are one of the most amazing among most of the media players. And the best thing of all is that you don’t have to pay even a single penny to get all those amazing features. All that’s left to do is to get the app and see for yourself how great the app is.
As of now, we have explained two installation methods and the features of the app. This concludes our post on Kodi for iPhone Download & Install Kodi iOS, iPad. We hope we could have been of some assistance to you in this matter. If you liked reading it, then please send us your feedback at Kodi TV.