Certainly, people have been watching the movies and videos nowadays on their smartphone devices. But, that experience can be enhanced with the use of the apps on the Windows PC device for better viewing. In this article here, we are going to guide our readers on how to setup Kodi for PC Download for enhancing the experience of the same.
The Kodi PC is one such application which is meant to provide its users with full entertainment resources in a few clicks. The application has many features that we will discuss later in the article too.
So, gear up for understanding the simplest procedure by which Kodi for PC Download can be on your device as soon as possible.
Kodi for PC Download setup & use
Now that you have learned how to download the Kodi App, we will guide you through the initial run of the Kodi for PC and its tools. The installation process is easy and hopefully, all the users can get through that without hassle. Similar to that, the navigation through the app is also easy because it has a user-friendly interface and design.
Using Kodi on PC is not that difficult. Simply follow these few tips and tricks to get started with the app;
- After successfully installing Kodi for PC, launch the app on your PC device.
- You will be able to see the main page of the app as a blue screen with options along the left toggle bar.
- You can select the categories from the list as they show different genre items. The following titles are there; Movies, TV Shows, Music, Sports, News, Popular, etc.
- On selecting any of the options in the menu, you will see the screen load all the top contents of the particular genre. There will be top, popular latest and other recommendations for you to choose from. On clicking any of the video or music content icon, it will play via the Kodi PC inbuilt media player.
- To add a particular video or file in a new folder, select that file from the list and click “add videos” option to the new folder itself.
- If the user wishes to search for some specific content, he/she can type the keyword of the search in the “search bar” on the main page of the Kodi PC application. After typing in the search term just select the ‘magnifying glass icon’ intended as the search icon.
- While playing the movie or music file, users can navigate through different options like play, pause, stop, forward, etc. These are basic media player tools which are also available in the Kodi for Windows PC.
Kodi for Windows 10/8.1/8/7 Download
Kodi runs well on any platform Operating Software device including the Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows, and Linux too. Since it is open source, the application programming is also done in basic C++ language so that developers can integrate the app with other services and services. Kodi is now compatible with more devices and systems like the Amazon’s Firestick TV and the Android TV box, and few more.
In this article here, we will show you two methods by which our readers will be able to get Kodi for Windows PC easily. The first method is the official Kodi .exe file which runs on the Windows PC devices. And the second method is the Android emulator method where we will use the Kodi APK file on the PC devices for setup.
We shall get started with the shorter and simpler method which is the official release of Kodi for PC Download. On the PC, users can enjoy a better view of the visual content in higher resolutions. Also, users have more battery power and storage support too with the PC devices. Hence, Kodi for PC gamble is surely one which is worth for all users.
To get through this method here, firstly make sure that your device fulfills the basic minimum requirements of the Kodi file. Here are the points that you must cross check to avoid the compatibility issues;
- Minimum Windows version must be Vista, hence the file is supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Good graphics level measured by minimum GPU of DirectX 9.0c version.
- More than 100MB free space on disk is recommended.
With these requirements in control, you can easily manage the Kodi on PC download now. Follow the steps as given here below to get through this process easily;
- The official .exe file of the Kodi for PC is available on the main website of Kodi Download. Click on the link below to reach there directly on your PC device:
Download Kodi .exe file from official website
- This link will direct you to the main page of Kodi for PC download and there you will see the heading “current releases” under which is your file.
- Select “Installer” of the “Windows” option so that the .exe file download initiates.
- Wait for the file to download successfully onto your Windows PC.
- Then, click on the file and run it to set it up on your PC.
- You will select the “install” option to begin the installation process of Kodi for Windows.
- You can monitor the installation progress by viewing the bar on the screen until it turns green all the way.
- After the installation of Kodi on PC, you will have to select the “finish” option to exit the setup wizard.
At the end of this process, you will be able to see a shortcut created of the Kodi App on your Windows PC desktop. On clicking it, the application will launch and from then onwards you can use it as you wish for. This method is easy and short and involves less download data for the users.
Kodi for PC has won awards for securing the best services in a long time to its users. The Kodi App is an open source application and media player for managing the music and video contents. Also, the app can manage pictures and other content on the user’s device. There is so much more that Kodi on PC can provide to its users.
Kodi for Windows PC using emulator
So, the official method is really the best method to get Kodi on PC windows. But, we have another method for you in store. We wish to discuss this one too so that those who have the right Softwares already on their device can make use of this method.
Well, in this method to get Kodi for Windows, we are going to use the Kodi APK file for Android devices. We will use it on the PC device to run the Kodi app using an Android emulator. Firstly, let’s discuss what an Android emulator actually is? It is an application tool which runs the APK file of Android apps on the PC so as to replicate it as a new application.
The emulator provides the APK file an environment such as an Android SDK file in releasing its functions. There are different Android emulators in the market available for free. All you have to do is download any of them. Here is a link to download the Bluestacks Application for your Windows PC as it is the most recommended of all.
Now, after downloading the setup file of the Bluestacks application, you need to run it and install the application. This may take some time as the file size is 300MB approx. When that is done, you can leave the setup and move towards the next phase of the process. Now execute the following steps;
- Click on the link below to download the Kodi APK file for your PC device.
Download Kodi APK for PC use
- After downloading the APK file, save it somewhere accessible to you directly.
- Next, right-click on the APK and select “open with..” option.
- Choose the Bluestacks application on the list.
- This will prompt the installation of the app on the Bluestacks application.
- When the installation completes, you can use the Kodi App like any other Android app on the PC device via Bluestacks.
With this, the method steps are complete and you have cleared all hurdles to get your Kodi for PC application. For those who have the Android emulator can resume the process from the APK download. This will speed up the process for them. This method will additionally allow the user to run other Android apps on their PC device.
We would like to end our article here now. Hope that all readers are clear with the steps to get the Kodi for PC Download (Windows) so as to re-Live the entertainment content on their devices. If by chance you get stuck while executing the process or have any other trouble with this app then let us know at Kodi TV App.