If you have been looking for a great app to play media from your phone as well as from the internet, then you have landed at the right place. Kodi APK Download for Android (Update) Kodi is our post on the very popular media streaming app that does more than just media playing.
Kodi is an open source application that was initially meant for the Xbox gaming console. Later on, the developers decided that other platform users should also get a taste of this app. Its initial name was Xbox Media Center (XBMC) and they changed it to Kodi in 2014.
Today we are only going to focus on getting the app on Android devices through Kodi APK file. We will help you download and install the app on your Android phone or tablet. We will also guide you through the features so that you get a clear idea of this app’s workings. So, let’s get down to business.
Kodi APK Download [ Kodi 17 Update]
As I said earlier, there are two methods to download and install the app for Android. Kodi APK Install is the alternate method which you can use in case the next one fails. Sometimes Google Play will show server issues or insufficient storage error. Short of that, you won’t be able to install Kodi for Android.
At that time, you will have to use this method to install Kodi APK. The main thing to make sure before hitting the steps section is that you have to make some changes in the Settings of your phone. This is necessary because we are going t download the Kodi APK file from a third-party site.
The setting that we are talking about is the Unknown Sources option. You can enable it by going to Settings> Security. After you have done that, you can finally install third-party apps.
- Click the below link in a browser on your Android device.
Download Kodi APK file
- The link will take you to the download page. There you will see various links to download the app.
- Just click the one corresponding to your phone’s architecture like ARM or x86 and Download process of Kodi APK will start.
- Once the download is over, you need to click the downloaded file to start the installation.
- The installation wizard will ask you for a couple of permissions to install the app, which you have to allow by clicking “Next”.
- Finally, click “Install” to install it on your device.
This completes the second method to download and install Kodi for Android. This method is also perfectly safe and you can carry it out without any qualms.
Kodi App Download from Google Play
Kodi for Android is available at two different places, that is the Google Play Store and the official website of the app. You can install it directly from Google Play and you will have to download Kodi APK from the website and install it manually.
Now, with the Google Play method, you have to have a Google Account, which is the only way to get inside the Play Store. If you are new to the Android smartphone scene and don’t have an account, then you can make your own from here.
After you have created the account, then you can move on to the next steps.
- Launch Google Play Store on your smartphone. Make sure that you have connected your phone to a proper and stable internet connection because the app is quite large.
- Once you have opened the Play Store, click the search icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Type Kodi in the search bar and press enter.
- The Play Store will search for the app and display the results.
- Kodi for Android will be on top of the list. Click it and go to its download page.
- The app is free to download and install. Tap on the install tab on the download page.
- This will start the download and as soon as it is complete, the Play Store will install it automatically.
- You can then open it directly from the Play Store or you can find it in the App Drawer.
This completes the Kodi APK installation process from Google Play Store. This is the best and official way to get the app. But, if you are experiencing some problems with Google Play like server issues and stuff, then you can go for the second method.
How to update Kodi?
If you have an Android smartphone, then you know that the Google Play will always notify you whenever there is an update of an Kodi APK. That is if you have installed the app from Google Play itself. If you installed Kodi using the Play Store, then you don’t have to worry about not getting the update.
Once you get the notification from the Play Store, you just have to click the notification and it will take you the “My Apps” list. After that, you just have to tap on Kodi and then click “Update” from there. This will install the latest version of the app from the Play Store.
You can even set the Play Store on Auto-update so that whenever Kodi APK update comes, you won’t have to manually update the app. Google Play will automatically update it.This is how you can do it.
- Open Google Play on your device.
- Click the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Scroll down in the menu and select Settings.
- The first option is Auto-Update. If you turn it on, then apps will get automatically updated whenever the get an update from the developer.
If you have downloaded the Kodi APK file from the official website, then you will have to go check on the website for recent updates. First, you have check your current version, from Settings> Application Manager> Kodi. Then open the website and check the latest version. You can then update it as per your choice.
Kodi App: Open Source Home Theater Software
You would expect Kodi App to have a ton of features because of its immense popularity among media lovers. Not only can you watch Movies, play Music, but you can also keep tabs on the weather, News, Sports, etc. You can even view images using Kodi APK.
Here’s a list that contains a few great features of Kodi for Android.
- Play media like audio, video, and images. You can play them either from your local storage like hard disks, or network storage like iCloud.
- The app can play every audio and video format that you can think of and even physical media, like Blu-Ray and DVDs.
- You can stream Movies, TV Shows, listen to music, podcasts, and radio using Kodi App.
- The App allows you to do so with the help of Add-ons, which are specifically designed for this sole purpose.
- These Add-ons give you access to online streams from where you can watch and/or download your favorite Movies and TV shows.
- You can even watch Anime and cartoons with Kodi APK.
- Keep tabs on weather and everyday news.
So, these features are the ones that the developers provide free of cost to all the users. There are even more features that you can check out when you start using the Kodi for Android.
Finally, we are at the end of our discussion on Kodi APK Download for Android (Update) Kodi. If you think that you have benefited from this post, then send us your feedback at Kodi App. You can even send us your queries and we will be happy to solve them.