Most of our readers must have come to know about the Firestick device brought up by Amazon. Well, in this article here, we will teach our readers to install Kodi on Firestick so as to enhance the movie watching and TV streaming experience. The combination of the Kodi Firestick will illuminate the desire of its users in using the mobile devices for this experience.
Kodi App is an open source application with great stability to prosper with different tools like add-ons and plugins to enhance its services. With Kodi on Firestick, the users will be able to cast the visuals directly on the TV screens for effective viewing.
If you wish to learn how to install Kodi on Firestick then follow this guide to understand the procedure.
How to install Kodi on Firestick?
The Firestick is like a small Flash disk which we can connect to the PC and the TV Screens so as to run its setup for various purposes. In it, when we load its program, the options to run different apps also pop in through the tools of its service. Here is where we will integrate the Kodi on Firestick so that the users can make use of the app.
Apart from the direct app integration, Kodi will allow Add-on support with the Kodi Firestick combination so that the services of other tools may indulge together. With this, users will be able to watch movies, sports, news, entertainment programs, TV channels, etc on their TV screens via Kodi for Firestick.
Now, coming to the main procedures, we are going to discuss with our readers the different possible methods to install Kodi on Firestick. We have provided four different methods so that you have plenty of resources to choose from as the viable solutions. The following sections will provide you with individual methods so clearly go through each of them and then decide which one would you prefer to execute.
Install Kodi Firestick by abdLink method
Most Android application programs come as an Android SKD (System Development Kit) which includes a set of library files, emulator and the source codes for the program setup. Well, for Kodi there is a special adbLink file which eliminated the need of the Android SKD files for setting the app on Firestick device.
To get install Kodi on Firestick, here is the first method in which users will have to use the adbLink file for setup. Follow the detailed steps as gven here below to execute during the process;
- The first step of the whole process is to download the Kodi Firestick application on your device so as to easily access it when we are performing the setup.
- Click on the link below to get the file download;
Download Kodi App APK for Firestick
- Later, connect your Firestick to the TV screen and turn it on and go to its ‘settings’ menu.
- Select the “systems” option and then move to “Developers options”
- On clicking this option you will get two more menu which states “ADB Debugging” and “Enable Apps from External Sources”.
- You will have to turn both of the options to setup Kodi for Firestick.
- The next steps will be to locate your Firestick IP Address on your device.
- To find this, move to the settings menu, go to “About > Network > details will display here.
- Note down the IP Address as we will be needing it to complete the process ahead.
- Now begins he main part of the process so follow closely. On clicking the links below, you will be able to download the adbLink file for your specific devices;
- After installing either of the files, you will get various options where you will select “Create New”
- Name your Firestick with appropriate term and then save its IP Address with the one you saved before. Save all these changes in the settings.
- From here, the page will reload to the main menu where you will select “Connect” option. There you will find your Firestick name with the IP Address that you saved. Select that and then choose “install app” option.
- You will see a list of files amongst which you will find Kodi APK file that you had downloaded in the begin.
- The application will install Kodi on Firestick within few minutes at max.
After the installation is complete, you will be able to access Kodi for Firestick under the applications menu on starting up the Firestick. With this the process to setup Kodi Firestick together is completed. We know that is may look confusing but if you follow the steps as they are, you will get the app exactly in one go.
Kodi for Firestick using ES File Explorer
If you feel that the above method is somewhat difficult for you to keep up with then do not worry. This second method will definitely match up your level as we will be using the ES File Explorer to look for setup and install Kodi on Firestick.
In order to execute the steps of this method, you need to go through them first as given here;
- To begin with, launch your Firestick device on your TV screen and in its settings menu and allow the “Unknown sources” option under the System option.
- By allowing this, you will be able to setup apps like the Kodi Firestick integration on your device.
- In the process, you will have to download the file management application called the ES File Explorer.
- You can easily do this by searching for the appropriate term in the search bar of the Firestick application on your device. Hit the “Install” button to download the tool files and wait for it to setup.
- After this, go to ES File Explorer which will be under the Applications menu.
- Open the menu of the ES File Explorer and select “tools” option followed by the “Download manager” option.
- There, enter the following link: “http://bit.ly/kodiarm161” and name it the way you want to but remember the name that you provide.
- Click the download option and wait for Kodi Firestick to download successfully. After downloading the file, the installation page will appear where you will select the appropriate option to get it started.
When the Kodi for Firestick application installation completes, you will be able to access the media content via Kodi on your TV screens through Firestick device. This method involves lesser file downloads. Hence it is suitable for ease of access to the Kodi Firestick integration for users.
Kodi Firestick by Android sideload method
This is another alternative method from the two above given methods. We would also describe this in detail for all the users so that the option remains clear. For this, you will need an Android mobile device and a decent internet connection to secure the files from the web.
Here are the steps of this method which we would like you to go through first;
- On your Android device, install the Kodi App from Google Play Store or using the APK file for the Kodi App.
- Then, in this process, you also need to download the Apps2Fire application. Here is the link to the Apps2Fire download in the app store;
- Launch the application after installing it on your device.
- Click on ‘setup’ and go the IP Address section to enter the appropriate details of your Firestick on it.
- The Firestick IP Address will be easily available under the “About device > Networks” section of the application on your TV screen when connected to the Firestick.
- Save the IP Address on the Apps2Fire App and return to the main menu of your device.
- Install the Kodi app on your device and locate it under the Firestick network search through the Local Apps option.
- You will see the option to “install Kodi on (Firestick IP Address)”
- By doing so, you will sideload Kodi on Firestick such that both the devices will be connected together.
Then, you will be able to access the Kodi Application servers on the Firestick and use its service easily. If you have an Andriod device then this method will be easiest to settle with. Follow the steps accordingly and you will be through this without any hassle.
Install Kodi on Fire Stick using downloader
This is a merely shorter method compared to the rest. Also, in this method, you will not require the need of any Android or PC devices. In this method, users will learn to directly install Kodi on Firestick from the app store.
Here are the steps that you will have to execute to complete this process;
- Firstly, you will have to enable the “unknown Sources” option for this too.
- Go to the settings menu of the Firestick and enable “ADB Debugging” and “Apps from unknown sources” option.
- Go back to main page and search for the term “Downloader” there.
- When the results display, select “Apps and games” option there and download the “Downloader App” free from Amazon’s app’s list.
- After the installation is complete, open the app and type in the link as given below; “http://bit.ly/2hD04qA”
- Click on the “next” tab and then select “Download” option. This will install the Kodi on Firestick as per our desire.
Once the installation process completes, you will be able to see the Kodi for Firestick icon under the applications menu. Using this Kodi Firestick integration user will be able to enjoy loads of entertaining content on the TV screens. With this method, all the options are quite out in the open for all.
Features of Kodi Firestick
Following any of the above methods, we are confident that our readers will get through the process easily. With this, we wish to discuss some of the features of the Kodi Firestick Application. We can assure you that Kodi is worth the dignity it has.
This is constant or has raised even after the name change from XBMC to Kodi.
To get an insight on the app we shall consider the following points here;
- Kodi app download and installation is free. The services that the app offers is also free and legal for use, share and download among its users.
- The Kodi App is compatible with all the major use OS Softwares including Android, iOS, Mac OS, Linux, Windows, etc. Users can download the Kodi app for any of these devices from the official website of Kodi.
- The application works well with media from the device storage and also those from the network. Using the web, users can stream online content and download it on your device.
- There are various “Add-ons” support which the Kodi users can access for free.
- It has a basic intuitive user-interface due to which the users can easily navigate through the app.
- Kodi Firestick supports several media formats which are on demand these days. This increases the proficiency of the app as its service get stronger.
- There are several categories by which users can browse their desired content easily. These include; Sports, News, TV Channels, Music videos, Radio, Sports, Humor, Romance, Action, etc.
- Users can manage their media in storage via the Kodi Firestick application for faster and better access to the files.
- To watch a video or music file, users can directly use the link address of that file on the search bar of the Kodi App. This will help the user access the file directly for download or online streaming.
These were some of the basic features for the Kodi on Firestick Application. By completing this process by which you install Kodi on Firestick, the user will definitely benefit the effects. The regular TV watching experience will change into something that is worth the effort.
Here, we would like to end the article now. Hopefully, all are clear with the steps to install Kodi on Firestick for better viewing of entertainment content. Those who have any query regarding the procedures or the content of this article can message us directly. Inbox us at Kodi TV. Thank you, dear readers.